6.14.2010

Sunbeam Rd - Turtles, Magnets, Animals EP



San Francisco's Sunbeam Rd are releasing their new EP- Turtles, Magnets, Animals TODAY on their Bandcamp (cassettes seemingly available as well). Here at Tweaking, we love well-done psych rock more than we love houseboats. And we fucking love that shit. So where does this leave us? Thoroughly stoked.

Turtles, Magnets, Animals is a lush, rolling waltz of spaced-out indie jams and memorable hooks. Listening to the EP, I feel like I'm taking a peculiar walk through a damp night, passing through thoughts amidst brilliant reflections of streetlights and the stars overhead. Perhaps still a little blazed. But perhaps not. Perhaps you should just judge for yourself.

I'm definitely keeping an eager eye on Sunbeam Rd. But if I were in California, I'd probably treat my eyes to seeing them live on their upcoming mini-tour.

Check out my favorite tracks off the record below-

No comments: